Runners.gifts (the “Site”) is provided to you by Anderson Solutions Ltd (“Runners.gifts”, “us”, or “we”). This policy explains how the personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed, whether you use our Site as a customer or if you provide products to sell on the Site (a “Seller”). Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information and how it will be treated.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
1. What personal information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you provide to us:
This is information that you provide when using the Site. It includes the personal information you provide when you:
- purchase a product or service (including gift cards) through our website;
- create a Seller or customer account on the Site;
- sign-up to receive our newsletters and offers;
- provide feedback on the Site or one of the products; or
- any other information you provide in connection with your use of the Site.
This information may include: your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, log-in details (if any) and your marketing preferences. Please note, we do not collect, store or process your credit card details ourselves, they are processed and securely handled by one of our contracted third-party payment service providers.
If you are a Seller providing products to sell on the Site, then we may also collect details about the products you have uploaded and details of past sales.
Information we collect from you about your use of the Site:
As you use the Site, we may automatically collect usage data and technical data about your use of the Site by using cookies and other similar technologies. We use this information to get a better understanding of how people use the Site, for system administration purposes, and to ensure we provide a good user experience and customer service.
2. How do we use your personal information?
We process your personal information in order to operate, maintain and provide you with the features and various functionalities of the Site and to fulfil any orders you make, as well as to provide customer service and support. We will always indicate where the provision of certain information is voluntary and you will be able to withdraw your consent or exercise your rights in relation to this information at any time. Please see section 8 for further details.
We process your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide and deliver the Site and to provide the relevant content and products you have requested;
- to enable customers to find and purchase products from our Sellers;
- to register you as a new customer or Seller, for example, if you create an account on the Site;
- to process and fulfil any orders you make via the Site;
- to create and manage your Seller or customer account;
- to manage any customer service queries you may have;
- to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences;
- to send out our newsletters and keep you informed of any offers; and
- to otherwise protect our legal rights.
This means that the legal basis for processing your personal information, as described above, will typically be one of the following:
- because it is necessary to fulfil a contract that we have in place with you: for example, we will process your personal information in accordance with our Terms and Conditions and so that we can process and facilitate your order. If you are a Seller then we will need to process certain information about you in order to make your products available on the Site, in accordance with our Sellers Terms and Conditions;
- your consent: for example, where you have consented to receive marketing communications or information about our offers;
- because it is necessary for our, or a third party’s, legitimate interests: for example, to administer and protect our business and the Site (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data); and
- where the processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
3. Who do we share your personal information with?
Depending on how you use the Site, we may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Sellers: if you place an order via the Site we will share your name, address, email address, and phone number (as well as any personalisation details you’ve provided as part of your order) with the Seller with whom you have placed an order. We share this information so that they can fulfil and manage your purchase. Any order placed is deemed to be an instruction from you to share your personal information with a Seller in this way. The Seller will act as an independent data controller and process your personal information in accordance with their own policies and security measures.
- Service providers: We use service providers in order to facilitate orders and operate the Site. For example, we use third party payment providers who will handle the transaction process and tell us that you have paid for your products. We also might engage third party contractors to provide us with technical or delivery services that are related to your account with us.
We may share personal information with other third parties in the following circumstances: (a) in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets, (b) if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets, or (c) if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
We may also disclose your personal information: (a) to enforce any part of the Terms and Conditions in place and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or (b) to protect the rights, property or safety of us or our users, or others.
4. Cookies and Similar technologies
5. How long do we store your personal information?
We take steps to ensure that your personal information is only retained for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. We apply criteria to determine the appropriate retention period for different categories of personal information you provide us with. For example, we will keep information necessary to protect us in a legal claim, such as information relating to a contract, for the lifetime of the contract and up to seven years after. After this period the information will be deleted or in some cases anonymised. Where we have collected personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent, then we will delete your personal information.
We are a UK-based company, as are many of our Sellers and other service providers. In the event that personal information is transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the United Kingdom (the “UK”) or the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) steps will be taken to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information and to make sure it is treated securely. You can contact us for further information of the safeguards in place.
6. Security and Passwords
You must keep your password and any other account authentication information confidential and not disclose it to anyone else. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted via the Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
We may use your contact details to provide you with information about products or offers which may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, we will give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving any marketing communications at the point where you provide us with your contact details and in each subsequent marketing communication that we send to you. Please note that if you opt out from receiving marketing communications, we may still contact you about service-related issues, such as any issues regarding your order, or where we make any changes to the Site, our Terms and Conditions or this policy.
8. Your rights and access to information
Data Protection Legislation in the UK and EEA gives you certain rights in relation to your personal information. These include: the right to object to and / or withdraw consent to the processing of your personal information, the right to access to your personal information, and the ability to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you do have concerns regarding the processing of your personal information we ask that you first contact us to see whether we can address your concerns.
9. Contact us
Questions and comments regarding this policy should be sent to: email@example.com
This policy was last updated on [03.11.21].